At MFW Fiałek, our attorneys have exceptional knowledge and extensive experience in advising clients on transactions involving private equity and venture capital funds, representing both companies and their founders and the funds themselves. Our support covers all stages of the investment, from selecting the transaction structure, to due diligence, negotiating transaction documentation, and executing all aspects of the transaction, to consultancy during the investment period and the investment exit process.
Thanks to our many years of experience and a good understanding of the specifics of private equity and venture capital transactions, as well as our excellent knowledge of industry standards, we are able to competently advise our clients and help them achieve their goals.
Our experience encompasses a variety of forms and types of transactions, including:
- buyouts, including leveraged buyouts,
- transactions to raise capital for companies at various stages of development, including start-ups and companies at various stages of obtaining financing,
- recapitalising portfolio companies,
- exiting investments (sale to industry or financial investors, IPO, management buyout),
- market consolidations, including acquisitions by the fund’s portfolio companies,
- creation of vehicles and complex structures designed to conduct investments,
- developing employment programs as well as incentive and option programs for the managerial staff of portfolio companies,
- monitoring the course of investments and ongoing advisory services during the investment period, including modifying the investment documentation, providing rescue financing, or other renegotiation of investment conditions.
Our attorneys have experience in advising numerous private equity and venture capital funds operating on the Polish market – experience gained both at our firm and in their previous practice. They have advised clients including:
- Bridgepoint Private Equity,
- Advent International,
- Montagu Private Equity,
- Value 4 Capital,
- Custodia Capital,
- 21 Concordia,
- ESO Capital,
- Liberty Global,
- Innova Capital,
- Argus Capital,
- Amundi Private Equity,
- Societe General Private Equity,
- Enterprise Investors,
- KBC Private Equity,
- Krokus Private Equity,
- Kulczyk Holding,
- Harvent Capital sp. z o.o.,
- ARIA AIFM S.A.,
- Polish Venture Fund sp. z o.o.,
- Tar Heel Capital,
- Xevin Investments sp. z o.o.
We have advised on numerous projects in which the other parties to the transaction were other private equity funds, including Avallon, CVI, and the Carlyle Group.
We regularly advise private equity fund portfolio on market consolidation and add-on transactions. We have often worked in this capacity many times on behalf of Advent International and Innova Capital.