Our attorneys have many years of experience in matters related to financial market regulations, and particular the capital market.
Our attorneys have completed numerous transactions that were innovative on the Polish market, including:
- the first acquisition (via public bid) of a company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE),
- the first hostile takeover,
- the first delisting of a company’s shares,
- the first parallel listing of securities of a foreign issuer on the WSE and another stock exchange in the EU,
- the fourth IPO in the EU in which the competent regulator (the Cypriot SEC) transferred its power to approve the prospectus to the regulator competent for the location of the public offering and for the stock exchange listing the company’s shares (the Polish FSA).
Our experience and competences include:
- assistance in creating and amending the internal regulations of financial institutions, including adapting regulations to new Polish and European regulations,
- advice on matters related to the information obligations of companies, shareholders, and corporate board members,
- servicing brokerage houses and investment fund companies,
- advice on acquiring financial institutions,
- representing clients before competent authorities in order to submit relevant notifications and obtain the required approvals,
- advisory services on behalf of investment funds and investment companies, including obtaining the required permits, preparing the necessary internal regulations, and providing ongoing consultation on business operations, including representing clients during communication and disputes with both supervisory authorities and clients,
- representing clients in dealing with financial market institutions (the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, the WSE, and the Central Securities Depository).